Thread: Unknown Weapon
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2013, 04:54 PM   #28
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams clockwork~ I think you will find that a number of posts indicate exactly what you have... a set of scales.. albeit incomplete i.e. minus the weighing dishes.. I would say for measuring spices etc
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Well, i'd hardly say there has been ANY definitive answer to what this first item might be. When i look back over this thread i find exactly one other person who seems to fully agree with you on the scale possibility. Not much of a consensus there. If it is a scale there are an awful lot of oddities about it.
1. Why would a scale have a balance bar that is drastically unbalanced in weight. Clockwork has stated that all the weight is on the side with the hole.
2. How would the missing weighing trays hang? There is only a hole on one end of the unbalanced balance bar.
3. Why would one end of a scale's balance bar be dangerously sharpened like a spear?
Frankly, while interesting, i think we are spending an awful amount of time discussing an implement that most probably is not a weapon...but i don't think it is a scale either....
David is offline   Reply With Quote