View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2016, 05:20 PM   #56
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
THE BLADE IS LIKE THE BLADE ON THE MOROCCAN NIMCHA PICTURED WITH ITS SCABBARD , IN THE NEXT PICTURE ABOVE THIS POST. THE BROKEN BLADE LENGTH IS GOOD FOR A DAGGER OR BAYONET. THE MODIFICATIONS TO THE GUARD ARE UNKNOWN BUT PERHAPS MIGHT BE FOR ATTACHING AS A BAYONET. THE HORN MAY BE RHINO AND MAY HAVE BEEN MODIFIED OR JUST SHOWING DETERIORATION AND DAMAGED. IF IT WAS EVER MODIFIED AS A BAYONET IT HAS COME APART SINCE THEN AND PERHAPS THERE ARE PARTS MISSING. THATS MY BEST GUESS

Yes indeed it is good to compare or reference the self same thread here where many pointers can be seen about this weapon...Although I cannot see the bayonet quite...except that some potential is there as the grip appears eroded in two notches?...hmmm... I like that idea ...If only they could talk!!! It certainly forms the well practised technique of re using broken blades as daggers. Certainly it appears as Rhino but badly erroded; likely some sort of termite...

Correct on Morocco as the type and as well as arabesque evidence on the quilons it has the stud on top of the pommel to verify that. Thank you Vandoo.

Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote