View Single Post
Old 21st November 2017, 09:13 PM   #31
Fernando K

Hello everyone

I want to make some considerations: First the different coloring in the barrel and the plate of the lock and between the mobile pieces of the lock: the cock, the bread and the frizzen. The first ones can not be cleaned of their oxide by the presence of the incrustation in gold and platel The seconds can be cleaned / polished, because they have no incrustation and if engravings.

Second The mobile parts of the lock have been cleaned / polished. This is demonstrated by the frizzen screw, which retains the oxide in the engraving incisions. The same for the bread, which has rust on that engraved line, parallel to its surface and on the lips, which conceal the line of insertion with the plate

Third Here the lack of scratches of the stone in the face of frizzen has been commented. The pictures of post 1 and 3 show the frizzen, but out of focus and I think you can see something. Anyway, a gun received as a gift and precious, has had little use. Another cleaning test is found in the inner incisions of the two jaws, which in their drag have to have a raised triangle to take the leather or lead that covers the flint. I think they are not observed, and that they have been filed or emery past.
Fernando K is offline   Reply With Quote