View Single Post
Old 17th January 2016, 07:34 AM   #11
Aslan Paladin

Vandoo - I think the ivory naga barong picture you just posted is the one that belongs to Kino and appears as his avatar. And that is the wooden-hilt naga barong Artzi has in his gallery item which I mentioned earlier.

Robert - Kino's barong and mine do look similar although mine has a broken top crest where part of the twine wrapping is anchored on and the horn spacer doesn't have circular inlays.

DaveS - I feel very lucky indeed and I was really on edge just as the auction was ending because I thought a serious collector wouldn't miss this and would go hard after it at all costs, massively outbidding me in the process. Luckily it was mislabeled so probably went under the radar. Only two other people placed bids on it but didn't mount a very serious challenge.

Helleri - I can't see any hole at the base of the blade or a notch for the twine wrap to pass through. I think it just loops around the base of the blade and then knotted. But I would definitely be able to tell and confirm what is the real deal once the sword arrives.

CharlesS - I guess my barong is more of 'two of a kind' along with Kino's. Probably it was a memory of seeing his posted somewhere around here which got me thinking "Haven't I seen this sword before?" I wonder if there are more distinctively identifiable (right down to the eyes) ivory naga hilt barongs somewhere out there.

Iain - It is a quality sword indeed.

Last edited by Aslan Paladin; 18th January 2016 at 05:47 AM.
Aslan Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote