View Single Post
Old 10th September 2013, 05:43 PM   #102
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
There's a lot of repetition on these threads meaning there's little point posting at the moment as there are several perspectives which are in complete opposition. I look forward to further discussion after you've had a chance to pursue your inquires with the museums local to you.

I'd suggested looking in European collections previously because of the issue of "freeze" meaning a weapon was removed and not changed for a specified period. Providing hard evidence for how the weapon was at differing periods. Hopefully you can find that locally.

It implies influence in the blades via exposure as do some of the aspects I've mentioned in the past. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm sure readers of the thread can and will make up their own minds.

All the best,
Iain

Salaams Iain, No doubt I shall get the confirming evidence from the National Museum at some future point. On reflection I have to say that you have chosen to weave into your post several quite extraordinary and strage pieces of logic for example in;

para 1... a peculiar link between apparent repetition and no point in posting which I cannot fathom...and coupled to inquiries at the museum?..I am unable to unravel that.

para 2... Freeze? Are you suggesting that the design of the Omani Dancing Sword has changed since its inception in 1744? No it hasn't. Do you imagine that there is a 1744 document waiting to be discovered perhaps next to the original dancing sword in some museum? No there isn't.

para 3...I am amazed that you think there is some odd linkage between blade marks locally applied and dancing sword design. There are some blade marks with stars on them ... does that imply they went to the moon?

Lastly your suggestion that readers will make up their minds and seemingly placed as The Sword of Damacles over my posts is just simply rediculous.. This forum, in hammering out the facts, expects disagreement and at times heated debate and generally over the hot anvil of discussion takes no heed of whether readers agree or not. This post is alive and kicking and the twists and turns encountered have no place in whether people agree or don't. If they don't agree the rules are simple; let them either do nothing or join the debate! The ink is free !!

It is our job (as I see it) to shine a light into the dark recesses of a bleak and murky history laden with lies and deceit, errors and misrepresentation and hopefully at the end of the day appear with something closer to the truth. If we had a motto I think those words would be echoed in it...not roll over and die , give up or just nod your head and agree.

This isn't a trick with a bowler hat and a white rabbit!

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 11th September 2013 at 05:09 PM.