View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2010, 01:57 AM   #8
Dimasalang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuKulzA28
No big deal man, it's just some old dagger
It only has meaning for those who understand it

Perhaps it is a sad thing for it to be "lost", but hey, maybe the winner of that knife will inquire to others about its origins... and a guru will tell him it is NOT Masonic due to the symbols and that man will be referred to another guru, and another guru... until someone points him to the Katipunan... then he may sell it off in disgust or be enthralled by the rich and interesting history of revolutionary Philippines and learn about Bonafacio, Aguinaldo, the Pulajanes, the Moros, etc. and the great struggles and battles and hardships... and he may come to treasure that blade and be just one more person who has a keen interest and appreciation for Filipino history, martial craft, and perhaps old stuff in general.

just being positive
Thanks man..I kinda needed that. I've been a bit negative these days...and I've been telling myself to change my attitude and make myself think more positive. I figure I'll be a more positive happier person that way. Youre right, maybe that person will do more research and find out its real true history...and maybe make him realize the beauty of Philippine culture.
Dimasalang is offline   Reply With Quote