View Single Post
Old 15th February 2012, 04:10 AM   #30
keriswarisanpattani

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You will have to forgive me KWP, but this is the very first time i have ever heard such a thing. Not that Tok Chu didn't have any other styles, that goes without saying, just that any style perceived to have once been made by him would be referred to by his name. Most famous mpus or pandai that are honored by having a keris dhapur named after them generally only get one. I have no doubt that this is what you believe or you wouldn't be this insistent, but if truly most Kelantanese keris lovers believe this i would have thought it would have been brought up before. Can someone please tell me when Tok Chu was supposed to have lived?
Gustav, your example is beautiful. Until now i would have assumed it to be a straight carita keris...
dear dave,

no problem. since everybody have their own views base on what they have learnt , research etc. No doubt that tok chu keris famous with one type of keris which is broad, straight etc. But as a famous mpus , i can't believe he's only produce one type of keris during his time. Base on paperwork been discussed tok chu lived circa 1750++ or may be earlier. for detail can referred to ahmed Zaini in kelantan ...on characteristics of tok chu, he can explain better . not saying his 100% right but who knows something new can be found.
keriswarisanpattani is offline   Reply With Quote