Thread: Pawakan
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2023, 06:18 PM   #32
Montino Bourbon

Default Thread

You used the word “Thread”. I feel that this word, as you use it, is huge. Is there a place where I can get info on this ‘thread’?

You’ve seen the Keris with Petruk, and very fine ‘sungginan’ that I found in a pawn shop; I had dreams about it before I bought it. I totally relate to ‘soul’ in an object. Musical instruments can have a huge load of that. I’ve got a few, and when you pick them up you know in very few minutes whether you have A- an instrument, B- a VERY FINE instrument, and C- something that will have an incredible effect, a thing that can touch the hardest heart and heal the worst pain. I’m lucky to have a few of those, and the ones I’m fortunate enough to be a custodian of told me they were my friends within a few minutes of touching them. And their appearance? They are all beautifully made, perfect in shape, proportion, material, and execution. None of these have any special decoratio; they are fully functional. And yes, I talk to them: “Get in tune, you sob, or I’ll sell you to a collector who will put you on his wall!”
Montino Bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote