Thread: PBX
View Single Post
Old 6th December 2016, 11:57 AM   #1
Kulino

Default PBX

Dear all,
I would like to share with you a keris which is dear to me. It is a type of sadjen but a special one. Large and the handle is different. The sheat shows a couple of lacquered seals showing the coat of arms of PBX. It used to be completely covered with these seals. Traces of them can still be seen all along the sheat, front and back. I examined the blade itself and found that it used to be completely covered with gold. Traces of that can be seen all along the blade, front and back, including the handle. I believe this to be a keris from kraton Surakarta, maybe even from the beloved susuhunan Paku Buwana himself or at least from of his inner circle. It is not a loud keris, not showing anything that enhances its status. It has not been cleaned nor patinated, just ages of applied oil. This confirms my information that keris from the kraton itself do not depend on a yearly cleaning. No idea about its age. It most certainly is much older than the PB X era. It takes a long time to loose al that gold from the metal skin.....
Attached Images

Kulino is offline   Reply With Quote