View Single Post
Old 19th October 2006, 09:54 AM   #10
A. G. Maisey

Yes, I have several copies of this work.About twenty years ago I had a loan of the fullsize original to photocopy and photograph. I have a set of full size photocopies and four albums with large black and white photographs of all the drawings.

Recently Yayasan Damartaji issued a reduced size photocopy book of which I also have a copy. I think this might be available in the KIT bookshop at an utterly ridiculous price--- bear in mind we are talking very inferior quality, Indonesian, photocopies in a binding done by a photocopy shop.Still, even at the silly price it is probably a worthwhile purchase for anybody with a real interest.

Regarding the dates. It was drawn in 1920 by Bapak Sunarya, an abdi dalem of the Surakarta Kraton. I think if you check , you will find that the second date ---5 Ruwah, Jimakir, 1850---should be 1950. Ruwah is the 8th month of the Islamic calendar, Jimakir is the 8th year in a Javanese windu ( 8 year cycle). I think 5 Ruwah 1950 will be found to be 20 April 1920.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote