View Single Post
Old 17th February 2005, 03:06 PM   #11
Radu Transylvanicus

Yannis : nice to see you back too ... that shamshir was a rather XVIIth century as I vaguely remember ( I was unfortunatelly more concerned about stealing pictures than memorising data, poor me ... ).
And nothing to worry, there are more pictures comming ( and therefore more controversy) specially about the Ottoman ones ...
Rasdan : youre welcome , there is more where this came from !
Marc : thank your for the kind words but unfortunatelly like I was telling Yannis, in that very limited time as I literally flu trough the museum I was imortalising eye candy and neglecting digesting or requesting supplementary info (wasnt very much anyhow, very brief descriptions as they were ,,generalist,, city museums) And just for that I will try to post close ups ... As far as I remember they were 16th century swords of Sachsen (local German descent minority known to us as ,,sasi,, read -sashee) nobles.
Ariel : Hey Ariel with a high risk of disapointing you after seven years away from the ,,virtuos,, country of the Dacs I completelly lost touch with my inner Bacchus and almost fell stunned when I saw the tzuika/palinka quantities ingested by the locals. Nevertheless, papa , youll be proud seeing me drinking kegs of ,,lighter,, wine, smoking like a chimney and eating one piglet or a pheasant at the time out of plates you could snowboard with ... sorry if I ruined anyone`s appetite ...
Wolviex : My dear brother in arms nice to see your well alive and thanks to your articles great Mother Poland shines back to the 17th century glitz. Very nice to hear from you and shortly will be back to normal in therms of communications ... as soon as I sober up , ahem , I mean adjust to the time zone ...

Last edited by Radu Transylvanicus; 17th February 2005 at 03:19 PM.
Radu Transylvanicus is offline   Reply With Quote