View Single Post
Old 7th August 2017, 03:24 AM   #1
Bejo

Default Need Help to Identify Sepuh (Old) / Kamardikan Java Keris

I bought this keris because it had uncommon pamor visual. The pamor had a malela looks. (Hard to describe, will add the picture below). But, when I cleaned (warang) it again, the pamor's visual become quite normal now. There are a couple of things that confuse me to determine whether this keris is sepuh (old) or kamardikan.

In my opinion, things that indicate that this keris maybe old:
1. The form of the greneng. I think it is hard to find this kind of greneng in kamardikan keris. But, maybe I haven't seen enough samples to compare with mine.
2. There is some corossion in the wilah, like in the landhep part, in gonjo, and in the some part of the wilah that looks like it was formed due to long times. But, once again, kamardikan keris timeline is quite long, has been 70+ years now. Maybe in decades it can creates some corossion that similar to my keris.

And things that make me doubt to determine is sepuh:
1. There is some rough work in this keris. There is some scratches in both side of tikel alis dan pejetan.
2. The form of gonjo. Like in the picture attached, there is a uneven thin bulge on one edge of the gonjo.
3. There are scratches on gonjo and pesi joints. I have never seen that kind of form in other kerises.

Hope anyone is willing to share his opinion to me.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Joe
Bejo is offline   Reply With Quote