View Single Post
Old 6th August 2017, 10:17 AM   #35
Gustav

Alan, here it is:

Quote:
Yes, I also immediately thought about this different Ron Dha. A kris in Sweden, collected before 1676 (Jensen, page 85) also has a similar RD, and also one of the Keris in Munich, which is not depicted at Jensen.

Would you see some similarity between the (third) element of this RD, the nearest one to Gonjo, and the feature, much bigger of course, yet at the same place on some Megantoro's (the best one depicted at Bezemer)?

Regards,
Gustav

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:52:27 -0800
Subject: Re: Kinatah
To: gustavfriedrich@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for that Gustav. No, not eye candy, but a very nice old keris. Possibly back into the 1500's. Do you remember the keris that had a three prong "ron dha"? Not like a normal ron dha, but a different type of embellishment. This one has something similar.

Thanks,

Alan.

To: "alanmaisey@yahoo.com" <alanmaisey@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:06 AM
Subject: Kinatah

Goodday Alan,

I hope you are going well with your article.

Whilst searching the web I found this somewhat mutilated kris, shortened, the Gonjo could be replacement or not. Interesting is the almost perfectly preserved flat Kinatah, which in my eyes strongly resembles the Kinatah of one of the Kerisses in Vienna, collected before 1618.

Do you see some Persian influence in this Kinatah?

Possibly it could be originally intended as 3 Luk blade, which is rare.

I know, you would call this an eye-candy, yet perhaps it could be somewhat interesting for you.

http://www.penn.museum/collections/object/244340

Regards,
Gustav
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote