View Single Post
Old 21st March 2010, 10:32 PM   #9
archer

Default More followup

Robert you got Me thinking, doesn't often happen. The USAF had Me spend a year in NW Pakistan in the sixties. They had Hungarian Partridge. Found this:
kowk-bazi makes partridges into fighters. Released from their special cages and carefully bred, these small birds go at each other under the watchful eye of referees. When it becomes clear which partridge is "chicken," the match ends, since as in most of these animal fights (which range up to dogs and camels), the prized creatures are too valuable to have injured or killed. A mesmerized betting circle of men stands around at 5 am before a long working day at the old fortress in Tashqurghan.

Alantia this photo exaggerates a bit. The last 1/4 inch of the blade has 1/8 inch
sideways bend to the right I would guess it wasn't made that way but is the result of damage. I've looked through My books and can't find the final blade reversal on anything. Perhaps it's a personal preference? I'd still like to see some other examples of this odd Afghan Pesh Kabz.

Last edited by archer; 22nd March 2010 at 12:41 AM.
archer is offline   Reply With Quote