View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 03:59 PM   #1
BUCC_Guy

Default My polearm collection for your amusement

Someone from another forum advised I stop by here for antique weapon info.

I’ve been collecting polearms for almost a decade. I’ve purchased from retail, like Fagan Arms (ouch! My wallet!), auctions in the U.S., and most recently from Czerny’s in Italy. Communication has been spotty with Czerny’s and only half my auction winnings actually arrived, so... yeah.

I’m still learning the photo upload system, but I have attached photos as such in addition to linking to my hosting site:

My entryway with polearms displayed currently
Older photos showing closeups of some heads
Excess/extras in my umbrella stand, stacked in a corner
Closeups of newer ones that just arrived from Italy

I usually post on gun forums and I use firearms for scale, because everyone over there understands the scale. The pistol in these photos is a CZ75 for reference.

So far, the bulk of the collection is as such:

Lucerne Hammer, circa 1560, original wood
Partisan, likely 17th century
Halberd, munitions grade, blackened, low quality, late 16th c.
Voulge (I don’t call it a bardiche, but I know why some would) 15th c.(?)
Glaive - very likely 19th/20th c. repro (leaned against wall)
Voulge - German, mid 15th c. - I suspect a Victorian repro (leaned against wall)
Boar spear (umbrella stand) - no supporting info
Halberd - still researching, animal figures/shapes (umbrella stand)
Fauchard (Glaive) - pictured with CZ75 - Northern Italy circa 1550
Lance - pictured with CZ75 - Italian, mid to late 15th century

I travel on business for weeks at a time and can’t get better photos for now. I am a remote worker and limited to an iPad, so resizing and posting photos is an absolute chore.

I have two more polearms coming in from Italy soon... I hope. I’m dealing with Italians so anything can happen.

On my wish list is a spetum, batwing corseque, and I need to step up my halberd game. I have devised a new polearm display system to be installed after my $3300 lighting install, and I should be able to display 12-14 vertically, as opposed to half that as they are splayed out now.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

I’ve given up on embedding more photos in the post. It’s incredibly frustrating.

The last two, just purchased, as such:
Attached Images

Last edited by fernando; 7th June 2019 at 06:51 PM.
BUCC_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote