View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebooter
Hi Maurice,

A very nice spear you got there, congrats.
As I noted by PM I did see this spear for auction and actually the second time in another auction house was when you bought it. I can't beleive another did not buy this initially, I know I would have if spears were cheap to ship from your areas.
From the initial auction there were several other items with this provenance but I cannot now remember them...but know there were no weapons from memory only artifacts and some very interesting ones, all were from the Sulu regions I do remember that, so the reference made to this spear being Sulu is I suspect very accurate.

Again, congrats, very nice.

Gav
Hi Gav,

Indeed I guess that the shipping of that long thing was the reason it wasn't sold earlier. However the twistcore was not visible on the images, and there were only images of the upper part of the spear. I bought it also more for the provenance as for the piece, which turn out to be very impressive and collectible also seeing it in real!
But this was the last time I buy such long thing out of my own country. It was quite a fuzz and hassle to get that thing home...(as you already did know).

Because you noted in your pm there were other trophees sold earlier in another auction of this Sulu trip, I was very curious, and only thought of other spears and blades..so I decided to ask other forumites to show them...that was a mistake I made because I am a weapon collector....
I guess than that I have the only weapon of the lot....

Maurice
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote