Thread: ID on dagger ?
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2012, 10:14 PM   #43
Gavin Nugent

Hi there

There are many aspects to work with what everyone has written to help us all with yes and no... "but why" should always be asked...it is not much longer than a no, but without "but why" there is no learning I have quantified through following posts aspects for consideration both in Algeria & North Africa, SEA and Central Asia with both words and images
....without rewriting everything, all views from all people help but things together and in context, is it fun

One must not forget colonial powers within any region and cutlery made for their tastes by native hands rather than keeping our minds eye native styles used by native people...could be Pakistan for all I know but offering information right or wrong and offering similarities and accuracies for thought may cloud but it also helps in the big picture.

Chegru, great to see further working deductions...no North Africa...do you dismiss Africa totally? I still feel with a qualified "in me bones" Africa.... Northern too
The finish to the steel blade, although I am not a blacksmith, this "rough" slag like finish I have seen often in daggers from Albacete....perhaps others have seen the finish elsewhere too

All for now

Last edited by freebooter; 13th January 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote