View Single Post
Old 18th December 2018, 10:43 PM   #21
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
David, what you have shown in this image I would call "typically Palembang" I wouldn't even think twice, or go looking for other possibilities, to me, this is Palembang.
Understood Alan. Here are more images of my blade then. I suppose what i am trying to establish are whether the two points Jean made are necessarily true for discounting my keris as Sumatran in origin.
1. that Sumatran keris are generally not over 37cm.
2. that the tikel alis is a sign that the keris may be North Coast Jawa.
Both my keris and the keris now in Gustav's care seem to carry these two traits. Does it discount a Sumatran origin?
You have added some other indicators that might place a keris in either North Coast Jawa or West Java.
1. I can see what might be a gentle curve in the gandik in the OP keris. Mine might also, though if it does the curve is even more subtle.
2. I am uncertain about boto rubuh in my case, though it certainly does not seem to be a standing brick.
So here are the rest of the photos of my keris. I see many similarities stylistically to the OP keris, but this, of course, does not necessarily mean they are of the same geographical origin.
Attached Images

Last edited by David; 19th December 2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Correcting a metric faux pas. ;)
David is offline   Reply With Quote