View Single Post
Old 25th November 2017, 03:04 PM   #244
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Ibrahiim:

This is a huge and highly illustrated thread and you have contributed much of it. Thank you for such a rich source of archival material on this interesting subject. May I ask, which of these are ones that you own? I see a lot of high quality examples, and I was wondering if you have collected them over many years. Are they your passion?

Regards,

Ian.
Salaams Ian, I have set up a network of like minded people in the following centres of Omani Khanjar making ~ Muttrah, Muscat, Sur, Nizwa, Bahlah, Ibri, Sohar, Senaw, Salalah. They feed in details to my own library all the time. Some I take on to my collection others remain as heirlooms or I repair and recycle some.My own workshops in Sohar is key to UAE and Dhakiliyyah Khanjar production and also Baatinah styles. Stuff is on the move all the time either repaired or re-belted or in some cases they are not redeemable and go into the scrap bin... Actually eaten by termites is the worst damage I have seen.

In fact the Omani Sword is my number one passion in Omani Arms and a treatise will be available on that subject fairly soon; meanwhile Forum has I believe the finest store ...Library... on The Omani Khanjar anywhere.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote