View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:32 PM   #19
Pendita65

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hi Martin. I'm sure Alan will be along to answer you, but i'll just add my two cents. I suppose if you have a strong need to categorize, this dhapur is very similar to Jalak Ngore, but understand that is a Javanese dhapur. In Bali they may very well have their own name for this form. I could be wrong, but i don't believe the Javanese Jalak Ngore would have such a defined center ridge as your blade.
I also have a keris that has one rattan band. I have never considered that made it a Lombok blade, but i'm not counting that out as a possible indicator. Does anyone else have knowledge of this. As for blade polish, i have seen blades identified as Lombok both with and without a polished surface. So i think it can go either way. I can't really tell for sure, but it looks like your blade was probably polished at some point.
Thanks David,

only saw the message of Mr. Maisey, and yes the blade was nice polished in the past and i am happy it has still allmost 80% of its darknes of colouring in the past with realgar .

Regards, Martin
Pendita65 is offline   Reply With Quote