Thread: Robotic Kris
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Spunjer

Thumbs up Robotic Kris

...if the Iron Man were to carry a kris, i envisioned it would kinda look like this. i mean look at it; it's so - robotic, for better lack of terms. let's start with the handle. the pommel is a solid piece; heavy and appears to have been molded. as far as material: brass perhaps? looking at the nooks and crannies, i see verdigris. but what's throwing me off is how it's uniform throughout and smooth where the hand holding it should be. going to the grip part, it's a single wrapped brass wire the size of sewing thread.
now onto the blade.
starting with the gangya: talismanic inlays in the form of both asterisks and discs made out of brass. the blade is held by two silver asang-asang, and a silver breastplate on both side. now here's were it starts to get weird. the center panel exactly four and a half inches from the bottom of the gangya is actually a separate piece altogether. the outline is marked by the brass asterisks. i'm thinking those two brass buttons is what's holding the rest of the blade and the center panel together. perhaps the silver breastplate as well. (check this thread out: http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6947)
Attached Images

Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote