View Single Post
Old 20th October 2019, 08:56 AM   #6
mahratt

Guys, thank you very much for your answers!
I am especially grateful to a colleague from France who answered me in the PM, confirming that the term "boutique" in the 18th century can be considered as a "workshop for production".
Frankly, I somewhat doubt the number of knives allegedly produced per year, which are produced in the Crimea. 400,000 knives is a lot. I think the author could not personally recount this amount, but was guided by information obtained from local oral sources. Also, reading the book Luigi Ferdinando Marsili "L'état militaire de l'Empire Ottoman ses progrès et sa décadence" 1732 and the book Guillaume Le Vasseur de Beauplan "Description d'Ukranie, qui sont plusieurs provinces du Royaume de Pologuis les Depenne les Conten. confins de la Moscovie, insques aux limites de la Transilvanie. Ensemble leurs moeurs, façons de viures, et de faire la Guerre "1660 I could not find references to the fact that the Crimean Tatars are good masters ... Both authors who mention in in their books about the Crimean Tatars they write only that the Crimean Tatars are good soldiers and about cruel and wild manners Crimean Tatars.
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote