View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2006, 09:07 PM   #17
ErnestoJuan

Default Free frontpage alternative: give it a try !

Hi guys,

Being a senior sys admin / systems developer for a NYSE listed company, I have now and then created websites out of the blue using a free, open source program called NVU. I love it.
Believe me, being an infrastructure and systems focused guy that I am, this piece of software works like a charm! No need to have programming skills whatsoever: it just does the job! It is out there for Linux, Mac and Windows.
I suggest you give it a try. Here's the url:

http://www.nvu.com

Ernesto.

edit: I have to add this; knowing that hacking Windows based systems is a piece of p*ss..

when connecting to a site like astalavista, being forwarded to search results, better be sure as a Windows user to have a fully protected system. Before you know it, your system might be infected with trojans and spyware etc. So, if using Windows, here are some basic tips from me to make your system more secure:

do you have a hardware firewall / dsl router with firewall / cable router with firewall capabilities? Do you use the standard XP SP2 software based firewall on top of your router firewall? Good. Even better use an additional 3rd party one. Do you use Firefox instead of Internet explorer? Yes? Good. Do you have anti-spyware software installed? ( use both microsoft defender & Spybot search and destroy ). By the way, you do use anti virus software, don't you?

Have you uninstalled the " microsoft file & printer sharing" from your network stack? Have you disabled the remote registry service? Have you disabled the " tcp/ip netbios" helper? Do you frequently update your os with the latest security patches?

Just my two euro cents.

Last edited by ErnestoJuan; 2nd November 2006 at 09:49 PM.
ErnestoJuan is offline   Reply With Quote