View Single Post
Old 12th February 2007, 04:19 PM   #11
LabanTayo

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marsh
A fabulous kris for your 100th example of a superb collection!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Michael,

I am very pleased to see a collector of your stature focussing on these magnificent swords.

I am coordinating a group of collectors compiling information and pieces for a book about Moro swords and weapons that I may edit, photograph and publish.

One of our several focus points is the blade of the sword. Kinds of laminations, temper lines, talismanic designs and form of blade.

We would also want to bring in the history, art, culture, anthropology, political structure, languages and religion(s) -- as I do not think that a study of the weapons would be appropriate without these background factors.

This would be a collaborative effort with several established collectors who have expressed an interest in such a project from a standpoint of writing articles and contributing examples.

Though we are still very much in a preliminary stage, I would welcome your input. I greatly respect your knowledge and research abilities both to find and compile information as well as collecting incredible examples of these weapons.

I will explain more in private email.

Any other collectors are also welcome! PM me.

Warmest regards,
Bill Marsh

naga basuraki,

from your vast experience and knowledge, what can you tell me about this kris?
age, provenence, any other special features.
Attached Images

Last edited by LabanTayo; 12th February 2007 at 05:51 PM.
LabanTayo is offline   Reply With Quote