View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2023, 08:17 AM   #15
mahratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Nugent View Post
I'll be honest David, I don't know, but in the spirit of looking at it objectively, I would say India when purely considering the manufacture aspects rather than its shape and decoration.

Then a think to myself are the design elements Turkic, similar to this axe I once thought was Turkic, loosely drawn from Henry Landsell materials... but the years have shown me more than one clearly Indian example of this Tabar's head shape, that then points me to the Sindh and Gujarat based on the decorative embellishments found those examples... so that bought me back to India...but as a offshoot, there are Turkish War hammers with these decorative motifs on them too, not an Indian weapon... they were decorated like the image presented and of the same assembly features... perhaps Indian produced and sold those as a regional export to be decorated elsewhere... pondering the ponderous there... so back to the spearhead...

Given the comparative examples, albeit some in a league of their own, and aspects I see, I'd be confident in suggesting India as a point of origin with all aspects considered.
Gavin, thanks for a very interesting analysis! I, too, like you, remembered similar decor Turkish War hammers. But the overall design of the spear head is really more like the Indo-Persian region
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote