View Single Post
Old 15th July 2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk Murugul
Hullo Chris,
Economy from Peru to Australia can take over a month before you receive it (usually longer than regular). Even a Registered article from there can take months (defies logic). The delay could be anywhere. (If the item was bought on THAT site, then I'd lodge an unfavourable feedback after four weeks, no buts.)The 'best' way (though still quite unsatisfactory), is to have the article sent by a service that uses tracking. This way, at least you can check whether the item has been posted, left country of origin, in transit, arrived at country of destination, cleared customs etc. Don't be surprised if 'transparency' of the tracking becomes an 'issue' when using a service with 'Track & Trace'.
Best,
I post items daily and tracking is definately the best option and experience will eventually lead one to a better understanding of how long things take point to point and what services are best bang for buck....interestingly though a good friend here sent me a parcel from Germany with tracking and 20 days later it arrives in Australia, then 2 days later goes to Peru to be signed for by some chap called Jesus....panic set in and needless to say we both thought WTF....well another 3 days later the parcel arrives with me and now the tracking shows Jesus and I have signed for and received the same parcel....moral of the story always be prepared for the worse, things can happen.
With regards to your current situation, I would pack it up very well, label it clearly to the address to be sent to, ensure a clear contact phone number is under the address. Delcare it as decorative metalware and send through the post with express mail and tracking.
All the best!

Gav

Last edited by freebooter; 15th July 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote