View Single Post
Old 14th July 2012, 02:51 PM   #3
thinreadline

Kahnjar is quite correct , you must check on the regulations of both countries involved . If carrying the items in your checked in luggage then you must study the regulations of the airline concerned ( this is always available on the website of the airline under restricted / prohibited items ) . I do a lot of international shipping of edged weapons and have never had any problems if posted , except with Australia where the buyer had omitted to fill in an impotation licence for the item, so it was sent back to me by the Australian customs . Regarding the carriage of weaponry in your checked on luggage , this is something I have only done between the USA & the UK . I have done this about 20 times with no problem at all even though in every instance my suitcases held over 40 edged weapons each ! The US authorities had opened the cases every time and were even kind enough to leave a note to that effect but nothing was illegal , therefore no problem ! In fact on most US / European airlines , there is no problem shipping even modern firearms and ammunition in your checked in cases , though American Airlines are mean enough to restrict you to 6 handguns and 7 kg of ammo !
Good luck but study the rules .. its easy with the net .
thinreadline is offline   Reply With Quote