View Single Post
Old 12th August 2016, 10:01 PM   #11
ariel

On several occasions when I visited Spain, the organizers of the meetings offered visits to the corrida as cultural entertainment. I invariably refused. I am not a vegetarian and enjoy my steaks rare, but I do not have to witness the act of butchery. This is pure IMHO.

Having said that, I am a bit surprised by the political correctness of the few and the acquienscence by the moderators. I am not interested in these implements and do not intend to read these post: not out of abhorrence, but simply because of lack of interest. So can the protesters, and they can choose their own motives.

We are discussing here weapons, i.e. implements of death on the battlefields or in dark alleys, sacrificial swords intended to kill immobilized dumb animal for the glory of non-existing symbolic personalities, and even execution implements created for public dismemberment of defenseless humans in front of blood-thirsty spectators , - and accept the appropriateness of such discussions without batting an eye.

To play a politically correct game against discussing , - just discussing! - weapons of the corrida strikes me as ( no personal insult intended) sanctimonious hypocrisy. Do the protesters organize petitions to ban discussions of cold weapons of the Third Reich or WWII Japanese swords?

Well, I have said it all and can return to the study of Persian shamshirs, apparently the best cavalry weapon to slice lightly dressed retreating infantry men.
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote