View Single Post
Old 16th August 2005, 10:21 PM   #14
KrisKross

That was all extremely useful, thanks.

I don't think it's likely to happen, but a picture of a Moro (or Burmese/Thai/Indonesian/Malaysian) warrior in armor holding two weapons would clinch my case at this point. I just find it hard to believe that people would develop two-weapon fighting (with all its complexities) in an environment including armor without assuming (anecdotally) that it would work against that armor. And even so, I know for a fact that peoples who developed two-weapon fighting also used shields, so someone must have thought you could use two weapons effectively against shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjer
what style do you practice anyway?
Inosanto/LaCoste Blend. Most people call it "Kali" since Filipinos call their art Escrima, and the LaCoste Blend is mostly an American fusion of traditional Escrima styles and some new ideas. The word "Kali" is used mostly in North America, where Inosanto/LaCoste is very common among the various styles. Most of the "new ideas" are a mix of other masters' methods beyond Johnny LaCoste's teachings, rather than spontaneous inventions. It is sometimes called JKD/Kali, because most schools teach Jeet Kune Do along side it, blending the two together.

This is a good explanation: http://www.pamausa.com/Pages/kali.html

This is not my school, and Tucci calls it the "Inosanto Method," but it is the same thing...
KrisKross is offline   Reply With Quote