Thread: New keris
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:45 AM   #44
John

Default The spirit of sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedhi Adhitya
The first keris is the work of Supowinangun, the father of Empu Djeno Harumbrojo, the last living empu today. The keris was commisioned by KRT Puspodiningrat, The son of Prince Puspodiningrat, around 1930. Inherited by the owner today. (the owner certainly not me ! I'm just a "commoner" )
Dhapur : Sinom Wora-wari
Pamor : Ron gendhuru sungsang wengkon (gendhuru leaves, inverted, within border.)
Tangguh : Ngenta-ngenta (the village where Supowinangun came from).

The second is a keris once belongs to KGPA Mangkubumi, the eldest brother of Sultan Hamengkubuwono VII. It was commissioned by the Mangkubumi himself, and the work is done in his own workshop. Thus, the tangguh is Mangkubumen, ca. late 19 c. Inherited by the owner today.
Dhapur : Jalak Sangu Tumpeng.
Pamor : Tri-warna (three color, that is, three different pamor in a blade)
Tangguh : Yogyakarta HB VII - Mangkubumen.

The third is a keris once belongs to GPH Hangabehi, the eldest son of Sultan Hamengkubuwono VIII. Even so, this keris was made in Kraton Yogyakarta, commisioned by the Sultan Hamengkubuwono VII himself.
Dhapur : Naga Siluman
Pamor : Ron gendhuru wengkon (Gendhuru leaves, within border)
Tangguh : Yogyakarta HB VII ca late 19 c.

I do sorry for the qualities of pictures. Pictures of older pusaka very hard to get. But I will try to manage it
Pak Boedhi, it's indeed a pleasant surprise to have the privilege of seeing those keris pictures and complimenting the discussion. Thanks for the treat although sayang the qualities of the pictures couldn't do justice for pieces as those. Would you be able to take clearer pictures to post? This would be a first work of Empu Supowinangun I've seen and up to now, I've not seen any works of Pak Pauzan or Pak Parman etc... Thanks to the generosity of members as yourself, some rare/hard to see items are surfacing...

BTW, I'm enjoying this discussion immensely and learning from you and Pak Marto, the men on the spot. I've been made aware Pak Pauzan has ceased keris making a while back and that his wife deals with keris and has clients out of Indonesia. A humble and pleasant gentleman I have been told.
John is offline   Reply With Quote