View Single Post
Old 25th January 2014, 12:24 AM   #4
CharlesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral
Lovely specimens Charles!

Any history with them?

I don't think the white hanger on the first is original though? it just doesn't look right... adds to completeness though...

With the same one. The ferrule seems not to fully match the hilt? is it slightly proud at the rear? {on the right hand side in your photo.} or is that an optical illusion? Also The rear pin hole in same ferrule seems to be missing the pin? Could it be a rework or marriage perhaps? What's your take on this?

Either way a nice piece with a beautifully forged & ground blade. & has as you say an artistic flair in design.

The claw type is truly delicious though! I think Patton picked up a similar piece when he was in North Africa? Ive never had the delight of handling one of these claw pieces.... I like them in photos though!

Quality all the way through.

Spiral
Thanks for your comments.

Spiral, you are 100% correct regarding the baldric....I added it just for looks. I do not have the proper baldric rings yet...that would change everything.

The ferrule and rest are all 'born together'. There may be something in the pic that is throwing you off.
CharlesS is offline   Reply With Quote