View Single Post
Old 4th September 2015, 08:06 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Green, it is hard to know how to approach your question. This is not really a subject for keris "experts" to decide.
I have lived a rather esoteric spiritual live myself. I have experienced many things that have no logical answers in scientific analysis and have always adopted the philosophy that we live in a world both seen and unseen. I consider myself to be fairly sensitive to these unseen forces of nature. I never try to convince people that these experiences are real as proof is not in their nature and they are generally meant to remain personal. That said, while i have handled keris that do indeed seem to have presence and an intrinsic feeling of power i have never in all my experience with keris ever been in the presence of what i would call maleficent powers. I have well over 60 keris in my personal collection and have handled countless more. I cannot say that i have ever felt an evil presence in any of them. That said, your mileage may vary, but i am not certain what kind of useful, scholarly information we can possibly gather from such a discussion. All we would be able to talk about on this subject would be unsubstantiated feelings, myths and legends. Nothing tangible. While i respect the personal spiritual experiences that some may have in relationship to the keris, discussion of this experiences here cannot possibly lead us to any sincere conclusions on the matter.
David is offline   Reply With Quote