Thread: Origin & Age
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2021, 06:44 AM   #14
jagabuwana

Hi Amuk -
By Soenda Pakwan / Sunda Pakuan, are you referring to the seat of power/core of the Sunda Kingdom that is Pakuan Pakujajar, or something else?

Are you able to point me to somewhere I can learn more about the Soenda Pakwan protocol or pakem that you mentioned? This is a topic I'm interested to learn more about.

Alan -
The feature migration is indeed an interesting thing, which I guess is part of the "pande migration" theory.

Supposing it's true, it might indicate to me some things in relation to the questions I have for Amuk. Namely, that Sunda probably didn't have a protocol or "pakem" with regards to keris making. If it did, it seems unlikely that it would have accepted or recognised very obviously Majapahit elements. It would also entail that Sunda culture cared about keris making and the keris as a socio-spiritual artefact to a comparable degree compared to their Javanese neighbours, but I'm not sure that that is true.

I realise this is all circumstantial given the shortage of historical and other empirical sources, or maybe more reflective of my ignorance of them.

Nevertheless I'm interested in these topics and encourage discussion on it. Thanks to all contributors so far!
jagabuwana is offline   Reply With Quote