Thread: Filesize limit
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2014, 02:01 AM   #10
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Simple and free :
http://www.irfanview.com/
I have to agree with Rick, Irfanview is the best editor that I have found, just ignore most of the controls and use the couple that are needed for forum image posting.

I have uploaded the controls that you will need , the sections are #1:file, #2:edit, #3:image #4:resize/resample (found under the "image" section). First open the file control, go to "open" and find your image on your computer, next click on the image so that it opens up in the Irfan view editing screen.

Once you have your image in front of you the next controls you will need will be "edit" and "image". In "edit" you can can crop the edges of your image to reduce empty space etc. Just drag the pointer across the image and a box will enclose your image, you can move the lines of this box, everything inside the box will be kept, the areas outside the box will be cropped. Once you have done this select the "crop section" control and click it, if you like the results go to the 'file" section and select "save (original folder)" and click, rename the image if you want to keep the original image and your newly cropped image and save it.

Once you crop the image or if you just want to resize you will use the "image" control and select "resize/resample", and when this opens select the new size you want your image to be, make sure you have the "preserve aspect ratio" option to keep your resized image proportional.

Once you resize your image go to the "file" control and click "save (original folder) and rename before saving if you want to keep your original image as well as your newly resized image.

Some other very useful options are available in the "image" section, the ability to create a "panoramic image" by combining two or more images into a new image, the ability to "auto adjust colors" and the manual "color correction" allows you to correct many flaws created by the original camera, you can also remove all color with "grayscale" this is helpful with old discolored photos, you can "sharpen" your image and rotate and flip etc.

If anyone needs and further help using Irfanview I will be glad to assist you.
Attached Images

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote