Thread: Omani kattara
View Single Post
Old 13th October 2014, 02:59 PM   #20
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Default The Sayf Yamaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Old iron hilted swords. These are still worn to this day in weddings. But the old hilts would be given leather/silver dress.

Salaams... Point of order... This is my favourite sword style... It is the Sayf Yamaani...THe Old Omani Battle Sword and it looks remarkably like the collection of the souk shop owner ...in your following post... You should understand that this is the Old Omani Battle Sword ...probably the original sword was made in Yemen...Hadramaut.

This is the killing weapon which my hypothesis places very far back ... to the 8th Century.... It has its own thread at The Old Omani Battle Sword...The on ein the middle is a special... It came in to the souk owners hand recently and he rehilted it. The blade is German for the Ethiopian market... thence to Sanaa Yemen and onward to Oman where ... The Shop Owner ..rehilted it. Very recently. Some of these variants and similar styles and some with purely German blades even got hoodwinked into some very important collections so good was the work...If you PM me I will even disclose to you how this happened and who did the work...and in which collection they can be discovered... It wasnt me....but I know exactly who did it !!

Without giving too much away do you notice any similarities with the Omani Sayf in this historic masterpiece?? You will find a few clues on my thread on all these swords... The Sayf Yamaani, The Omani Dancing Sword and ...The Omani Kattara. Naturally since this entire subject is under review by our research team it cannot be placed on Forum but I shall advise when it is ready... Meanwhile thank you for posting the pictures which are most helpful . I have access to a collection of 25 such weapons ...and of course since the collection you show is well known to me as the owner is a personal friend... it is also in our domain to study. He actually thought these were Saladin influenced... whereas we suggest much earlier.
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.