View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 11:55 AM   #7
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmaddock
It is uncleaned at present and I am quiet reluctant to clean it at all except to clean the rust off the blade, I prefers to keep my collection as dirty (platina covered) as possible except without rust.

Hi Detlef,
as per above I will clean rust but not the Platina,
I will use 0000 wire wool and lubricant (diesel) I just don't like overly shiny items in my collection.

I have had this discussion with many collectors and some overly clean in my opinion. I see some items on here that to me have been way over cleaned but that is just my personal opinion and i don't want to cause any offence or argument. This is the friendliest most informative forum group i have ever been on and i want to keep the peace.
I would never clean the brass on the handle and i will probably just polish a window to see if there is a wootz blade as if so i would like to show the whole beauty of the knife off
Regards

ken
Hi Ken,

like you I want to keep peace for sure and at last it's your dagger and can handle it like you want. Maybe I will start once a thread about restoration, a discussion where everybody can add his view about how far restoration should go.

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote