View Single Post
Old 6th March 2021, 03:58 PM   #44
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin henshaw
A suggestion for Panoleon, if he wishes to pursue it ... collecting Movie Props (presumably old ones as well as new), is quite a popular interest and looking on the internet I see there are discussion forums like this one, dedicated to the subject. So perhaps also posting the cuirass in a suitable Movie Props forum would be useful. ( even if it only helps to prove a negative) ?

Thats a great idea Colin! if nothing else to remove this persistent element from the equation. There were I understand numerous firms which produced costume elements for movie studios, the sets and larger items were quite another story.
In California, a rather curious tangent of archaeology has evolved with one foremost recollection, that of finding the remains of architecture of ancient Rome and greece from DeVille's lavish movie productions buried in the desert.

The only way I can imagine this 'armor' item ending up in the Netherlands would be from the incredibly huge volume of materials from West African and Congo regions ending up in Belgium. Some of the best references on African arms are from authors there.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote