View Single Post
Old 15th February 2016, 12:01 PM   #29
cornelistromp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfberth
Dear LS,

Of all pictures posted in this thread there is only one sword Original , just one that's all, its actually sad but true.
From the pictures as posted here there is no problem to detect this and see the difference, sometimes this is not possible to tell from a picture.
If you want to take a guess or know you may PM me, I don't want to make the wrong people smarter.

kind regards

Ulfberth
mystery and riddles are not in place, actually transparency is always better.
everyone can declare his own opinion, there is nothing wrong with that.
if you believe that a sword can be fake, you can freely and simply say that, it's your opinion.

Besides there are only two swords in this thread where authenticity can be a question:
the two hander in Item 17 and Fernando's rapier (very, I mean extremely beautiful !!!!) are certainly good and the swords in post 26 are known to be reproductions.

so only two remain: the sword under discussion and the example of a German Dealer from post 18.The sword of the German dealer, I find "questionable" and I leave aside for now.

the sword under discussion;
Based on the style of hilt and pommel and blade,+ the poor pictures of post 1 , this sword looks right and genuine.

however after seeing the high res pictures of the later post 23 , the pitting looks artificially manipulated , because of that I have to adjust my opinion to unsure and doubtful.
I can not 100% say that it is a reproduction, for which I would need to see sword in hand. For me personally this sword with this kind of pitting would be less interesting.

CSinTX, Corrado26, DaveA and Ulfberth are firmer in their opinions and point/tend to recent reproduction. if you add my less positive opinion to it , I think you can get the picture.

best,
Jasper

Last edited by cornelistromp; 15th February 2016 at 12:40 PM.
cornelistromp is offline   Reply With Quote