View Single Post
Old 11th March 2010, 04:18 PM   #26
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronckew
Açorda à Alentejana

I must admit that this picture looks like the 3D version of reality; one feels an impulse to pick a spoon and start consuming it.

Quote:
... i'm sure fernando will have some more suggestions...
Corandier is the big trick; most used in cooking in this region of Alentejo as in the whole Southern part (Algarve), is practicaly ignored in the North, where i live. My wife uses it, though; you can't cook cockles without it.
Sarapatel is a dish made with little sautee offal cubes of pork, goat kid or lamb.
It was born in high Alentejo and was adopted and adapted in Brazil and Portuguese India (Goa Damão and Diu).
In Goa they make it with pork meat, kidney, liver and heart. Spices are Indian pepper, clove, saffron, cinnamon, corandier, cumin, ginger, garlik and tamarind. Also optional picked onnion and vinegar.
In Portugal they use more the lamb and goat and the spices differ a bit; cooked blood is a vital part.
Next month i will visit my daughter in Lisbon and will go a typical restaurant in the House of Goa, with the strong intent to taste their sarapatel.

Quote:
... note the photo has a knife in it to keep it forum related.
Sorry my photos don't have a knife; i hope you don't tie me to the whiping post.

Fernando

Attached Images

fernando is offline   Reply With Quote