View Single Post
Old 10th March 2010, 08:28 PM   #18
kronckew

my elderly neighbour's daughter's ex husband is a sikh, he's divorced from her now, but their kid's were over here from nepal for the holidays (she's now married to a nepali doctor) he cooked a traditional english thanksgiving dinner for them and i got an invite, we had turkey along with a ham and pork sausages, plenty of booze and a good time had by all. i wound up showing him my tulwar and some of the northern indian and other daggers etc. i have and we got along well. he had no trouble eating. he likes cooking. anyhow, makes me notice sikh and gurkha items in the news and on forums a bit more....

i do not recall coming across 'sarapatel' in portugal when i was there last, i am a meat-a-holic as are most portugese i noticed. my then wife was a vegitarian and we had trouble finding vegitarian dishes for her. she ate a lot of salads. anyhow i'll keep it in mind. i still cook a portugese soup (Açorda à Alentejana or "sopa alentejana") i got addicted to made with broth, garlic, olive oil, bunches of chopped coriander (cilantro). bread and an egg.... if i get enterprising i also throw in some sliced sausage. and served with port or vinho verde.....

Last edited by kronckew; 10th March 2010 at 08:55 PM.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote