View Single Post
Old 6th August 2009, 07:07 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchwarfare
Greetings, eteemed panel. I have embarked upon the ghoulish task of compiling a head hunter museum. It will cover from ancient times, to the present day. From cultural/ethnographic, to military. Have been collecting well made facsimile trophy heads, for a few years. Now, I need the weapons to go with them. What Pacific Island Clubs/edged weapons, belong to which head hunting group? What type weapons were used by Central, and South American head hunters? Which African groups practiced hh, and what weapons did they use? And, any cross-over weapons. The list goes on and on. I am aware of most of the obvious weapons. Sold a beautiful Mandau, and a Kampilan, a few years ago. Haven't been able to get my hands on a Kalinga, yet. I'm sure you guys see where I going with this. Any information will be greatly appreciated. M.P.
Well, maybe you can get that mandau you sol back.
I think of the kamplian as a Moro weapon and therefore not a good candidate for a headhunters museum. I presume by Kalinga you are referring to Kalinga axe, as the term Kalinga refers to many things.
Good luck with this project.
David is offline   Reply With Quote