View Single Post
Old 8th December 2011, 11:22 PM   #46
Ypoznan

Cześć

I'm sorry that I wrote not so long. I was very busy working on my site and noticed no response.

Ibrahiim and Jim.
Thank you very much for your warm words about my article. I'm very glad that you liked it. Cold steel is my interest margin (as I wrote earlier), the most interested in knives, especially Spanish Navajas. Article about hussar saber was ... from the heart, so to speak. Sabre is inextricably linked with the history of my country and Poland seen as antagonistic in great esteem. Even more glad that you liked it. But I must admit that in this matter (cold steel) I am rather layman. Article about hussar saber is vague, details can be found in the links I have given the article. In any case, once again thank you very much.

Jim
Polish Winged Hussars are the subject of pride in my country. One of the most effective formations in the history of Polish military. In addition to looking beautiful. In Poland, almost every boy and man had heard of hussars, even if it is not interested in this temat. Around this formation accumulated many myths and controversies. Even the famous wings. Still not sure whether they really were used in battle. Not all hussars wore them. Some wore only one wing. Military historians and enthusiasts still argue. Images showing the hussars with two huge wings represent the formation of a time when its military power collapsed. She then served as a representative role. Unfortunately, the country was rapidly failing, and with it the hussars. In any case, at the time of its heyday it was certainly one of the best cavalry in this part of Europe (if not in all Europe). Fast, agile, well-armed and trained with great tactics reigned supreme on the battlefields. Aroused fear among opponents. For the first 100 years (more than) its existence does not suffer any defeat. Later, it is true there have been its failure (rare), but they resulted from misuse or inability of the formation commanders. Only the Polish State crisis brought the twilight of this formation. Well, changing tactics and the conditions on the battlefields of course.

Returning to the topic thread. Hussars were using different types of swords, a Hungarian-Polish, hussar saber, other different types (for example, a semi-closed handles), and later karabela. The latter was undoubtedly the most popular sword of the Polish nobility. Acted as both a representative and combat. I plan to write well about karabela, but it is only in the future.

Pozdrawiam serdecznie (Best regards)
Janusz
Ypoznan is offline   Reply With Quote