View Single Post
Old 30th September 2015, 12:39 PM   #26
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelistromp
@ Ibrahiim
would you please when you post an image specify the source and content.
This often says much more than the image alone.
thus etching and drawing when, where and by whom. Bottom find the site,(tomb) effigy the person and place and so on.

these english ballock dagger grip artifacts are discovered in 1971 in the mary rose warship wreck. they are of a different type as the continental daggers under #1 and also of a later date; first half of he 16thC.
They have a simpler blade geometry, 3 planes.

this type has more the shape and appearance of a phallus than its predecessor, the type was also popular in the Low Countries.
See an archaeological discovery from Netherlands, Dronten, Flevoland 1971

In General hard burl wood remains remarkably well preserved in the soil and water, fe all three daggers in post # 1 are finds from Netherlands.

the wooden grip still has the smell of cigar boxes after 600 years.

best,

Salaams cornelistromp ,
THE MARY ROSE IT INDEED WAS... I LOADED IT ALL UP BUT AT THE CRITICAL MOMENT THE POWER DOVE BENEATH THE WAVES LIKE THE GREAT SHIP HERSELF... And I regret I lost the reference page...but I'm on it now and will search ...See below the mighty ship The Mary Rose. Inside there there's a drawer load of Bollock Daggers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Rose gives the amazing story yet I am unable to fish out the picture from Davy Jones Locker of the offending drawer load..

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Attached Images

Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote