Thread: Tulwar lite
View Single Post
Old 9th December 2013, 04:11 PM   #1
archer

Default Tulwar lite

Hi, Does anyone recognize the Stamp on this blade? This Tulwar despite having a 29.5 blade length weighs in at 650 GM or just less than 1 ½ pounds the hilt style may be Dungarpuri, according to D.N.Pants illustration. The pommel is small 2- 1/8 inches in diameter and interferes less with changes in wrist movement angles. The blade edge and tip are razor thin would still cut. The comparable tulwar I in the photos weighs just about one kilo.

The E Bay seller’s photo with all the edges of darkened scotch tape had me thinking it could be a heavier fighting sword. It came in coated with sooty grease and blade tip damage from shipping the light weight and appearance had me thinking tourist trade and I would next find made in India stamped on the blade. It instead has Eye lash markings and a stamp that is new to me the bent tip returned to less than 90 degrees it was with a crease or two.

Tulwar Demonstrations on U Tube provided information that a feather light sword was preferred by the more skilled sword men. Also mentioned was that blade on blade contact is always avoided. There’s a slice laid back on its pommel that appears to have been made by another sword blade. So, is this an example of the feather weight blade mentioned or simply a lighter tulwar than my other example??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLTcVJGMBkQ
Attached Images

archer is offline   Reply With Quote