View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 09:50 PM   #17
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Jim, do i see you determined to 'merge' topics discussed in different chambers, small breastplates, slim handle katars and all, and bring them to the table to keep the clock ticking .
The notion that armour was made under measure for atypically sized persons is a theme already approached; even with the mentioning of care to build them with proportional consistence, according to their purpose and user's physical capacities.
But i see that i am following the same path, i.e. keep 'raining in the wet'.
In a different note, Attila not having been a notably tall man is more due to his Eastern origins than to dwarfism;those pejorative epithets attributed by his angry Western adversaries (victims).
Dare i also put it that the Huns, not being able to produce armour, was not a particular handicap; even the Romans had to have them produced in places with such vocation ... notwithstanding armour was then a somehow incipient device, compared to the complexity of the setups we have been discussing as of late.
Just further to say that, in case anyone wishes to commission an armour apparatus, here is the system to take your measurements. Ah, and don't forget to wear padded clothes when you take them; makes a hell of a difference .

Attached Images

fernando is offline   Reply With Quote