View Single Post
Old 20th October 2009, 06:33 PM   #22
Atlantia

OK, well here are the relevant bits of the back and fourth conversations I've had with our kind curator at The Tower's Armoury today.
I did explain that the sword belonged to a friend of mine who wasn't in the UK, so I'm sure she expects me to be sharing the relevant pieces of the emails:

She at first drew a blank and passed it to a collegue to research.

'My colleague is pursuing it – we think Wallace and Wallace may have had one go through some years ago. Interesting that they are produced in both white and yellow metal. Blank on named firm – nothing in Swords for Sea Service vol II (I’m not entirely surprised; probably a retailer not a maker) or in my small index down here. Most of this sort of information should be at Leeds, if you ring the Library and ask them to look in the de Cosson index (Tel: 0113.220.1832), but probably requires a hike through the later 19th C directories.'

And lastly:

'Kent Arms sales sold one in the 1990s and id it as Customs House one – not sure, but you might ask Customs Museum at Liverpool. The one for sale was white metal too.

Other than that cannot think of many more avenues. Will let you know if aught more turns up.'

Something to digest!
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote