Thread: LONDON CALLING
View Single Post
Old 13th July 2005, 07:25 PM   #28
Greyman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Hi Grey:

The resilience and toughness of the British people is indeed legendary when it comes to hardships like this latest one. It is a sad reflection on human behavior that the greatest threats usually come from those within our own society than from outside. We will need to wait for the investigations to sort out who did what.

Forgiveness, rather than revenge, is the sign of a strong and mature culture which has come to terms with the futility of endless cycles of violence, retaliation, more violence, more retaliation, etc. that was the hallmark of the troubles in Ireland.

As an Australian I have always been proud of my (distant) British heritage, and especially under serious stress like this. It would be a great tonic for the British people if England could win back the Ashes from Australia this year, but I have to tell you -- it's not going to happen.

Ian.

Just a final comment......."Ashes". Now when you teach your kids a game,it would not be the right thing to trash them at that game would it?, no of course not,let em win occasionally then beat the crap out of em just to sort out the arrogance>.........
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote