View Single Post
Old 11th May 2016, 10:46 AM   #27
BANDOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G
Khanjar 1,
I don't think the law in the UK has changed yet, this is a proposed Bill that is going through Parliament. It should, in theory, make life easier for the shippers of antiques, as these will be more clearly defined; but tighten up the rules on de-activated firearms to the extent most current de-activation will not meet the required citeria.

Bandook,
I suspect many courier or parcel services in the UK try to avoid 'firearms' even if antique, because they are scared of unforeseen problems at the other end or in transit, and being left holding a very unpopular baby. Possibly the same in Switzerland. You may find it easier, if not cheaper, if you can find a NZ shipping agent, who the exporter or his agent can trust, to act for you.

Regards
Richard
THANKS RICHARD I WON THIS GUN FOR 70 CHF [SWISS FRANCS] PLUS COMM ,STRANGELY THE AUCTION HOUSE HAS STILL NOT SENT ME AN INVOICE AND GUESS THEY REALIZED ITS SOLD CHEAP SO THEY ARE ALSO WAITING TO TEST MY PATIENCE,I SHALL WAIT AND CONTACT CITES AND ALSO SHIPPING GUYS AS I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THIS LOVELY GUN TO MY COLLECTION,WITHOUT THE HEADACHE IF POSSIBLE,BUT MEMBERS HAVE MADE ME AWARE ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INPUTS
REGARDS RAJESH
BANDOOK is offline   Reply With Quote