View Single Post
Old 1st May 2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Gavin Nugent

You may be in for a world of hurt here.

Fedex I do believe still ship antique firearms but during the journey from the EU to NZ, there is air cargo transfer in Singapore....be prepared to be extorted by Singapore customs authority who will demand a transfer permit if this is picked up during manifest inspections, they are very thorough..this is the case with sword and the like, I would check the laws there first about their stance on antique firearms.
The shipping company will then tell you that you must pay $XXX to have the transfer permit applied by Singapore customs and the item released, this can drag on too. It cannot be escaped, it is law there and clearly written, sender/buyer beware...or you can pray it is overlooked.

If you can organise shipping from Australia, I have a container leaving the UK in about 6 weeks with other firearms etc in there...its a long time to wait I know but might prove to be cheaper. Email me if you need further direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
This is quite a delicate quistion, as most shipping agents will have nothing to do with shipping weapons of any kind. Try to ask the auction house.
If there is ivory inlaid, I hope you have a certificate.
As Jens notes, be prepared for more pain here and Fedex, whilst they may be able to handle the shipment, they are very strict on CITES policy, it could just get worse.

Gavin
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote