View Single Post
Old 6th June 2014, 02:54 AM   #1
S.Workman

Default Bali Keris Update, 1 of 2

Here is my first keris, updated from the work I did this weekend. This particular one did not respond to the arsenic treatment especially, perhaps not at all. It did get a bit of definition by preparing it in vinegar for a week. One of the strange side effects of this keris is that it really sort of oozes rust in a fine layer from pores in the blade surface. I wonder if the whole thing is riddled with oxidized metal veins. If so, they are thread thin, since I have really worked the blade over for rust several times, but the stuff keeps coming. Any way, here is the blade and a closeup of the tip, showing the pattern.
Again, I am really new to the world of the keris, and while I have of course rushed off and picked up some very well illustrated reference works, I don't know that much about keris. So, if anyone has any information about this keris, such as the name for this pamor and dapur, I would really like to hear it. The keris was sold to me as a Keris Bali, does that seem accurate, and has the revelation of the pamor changed that possibility? I am all ears! Thanks very much for looking.
Attached Images

S.Workman is offline   Reply With Quote